
We have had a busy week. As I'm sure every one has. Gone are the days when summer means rest and relax. Now it's one game after the next. This Trenton at his last official game. It got rained out half way through. He still has a couple of rain-out games to make up, but the way the weather has been those may get rained out also :-)

Though I am definitely done with the rain, it sure produced a beautiful rainbow. It looks better in person than in the photo.

It was so bright that we pulled over on our way home to take this picture. Like I said, it was better in person.

Also, this past week we went to the Oquirrh Temple open house. What a crazy weather day this was also. The sun was shining beautifully all the way there. Soon as we parked the car this wind came out of nowhere. As we watched the little video, in the tent, we thought the tent would for sure be blown away or blown down on top of us :-)

It was so neat to go through with the kids. I don't think they totally grasped what it was all about, but they were sure amazed at how beautiful it was. (I actually saw a calm come over Trenton that I haven't seen in some time :-), He is one crazy, active kid!) Today was also Grandma Riss' 80th birthday! So we made a day of it. Mike's sister and her family also joined us.

She is one amazing lady, as Joanna pointed out, she is 80 years old and she has never been on any kind of regular perscription meds. She does take vitamins but obviously they are doing a great job of keeping her going. She goes for morning walks regularly, works at the boutiful temple twice a week, and is always willing to come take on my kids if Mike and I get a chance to get away somewhere. She even served a single sister tracting mission at 72 years old. The usual cut off for single sisters is before 70. Because she is so fit and healthy she was granted permission to go. The lady is always moving and going (Mike obviously takes after her ;-).) I hope I can be like her when I grow up!!

Mike messing around and being his usual goofy self. He will always be a kid at heart :-) Love ya!

Danielle, aka Dani, at her last softball game. Her team made it to the tournament and placed 3rd. It's a great group of girls and she is lucky enough to play many different sports with the same girls.

Dani action running home. Now in just a few short weeks, we are on to soccer. I'm happy about this, right?!
No comments:
Post a Comment