
The weekend started on Friday for Mike. He was asked 2 weeks earlier to join a group of runners for the "Wasatch Back" marathon. 180 Miles run between Logan and Park City. He ran it last year and really liked it. This year he was struggling with acheles problems so he didn't sigh up. Then he got the call to join the team and he wanted to do it. He only knew one guy on the team. (The one in the dark glasses is his friend from school, Ken Clifford) I have no idea who the others are. :-)

He ran with "Team Give" a group that is part of the "Make a wish Foundation" Their entry fees were taken care of, and their run earned money to grant wishes to 3 kids. Mike ran a total of 23 miles and said he felt great.

Mike running like the stud he is. The team overall did awsome. Out of almost 700 teams, their team placed 18th. Mike was so happy that he got that last minute call to join. He hopes to run with them again next year.

Me and my guy on Fathers day. Can I say that he is one amazing dad. Always ready to play with the kids, and help them out in any way possible. I know that he is the better parent, and I'm okay with that! :-) I can count on him for anything and everything. Thanks hun!!

Trent, Dani, Hailey, and their dad. What a great team they are. I hope the kids know how lucky they are to have a dad like Mike.

A trip to Grandpa's house for a family, fathers day, BBQ. Here is a few of the gang shucking the corn. My dad likes to feel useful so he helps out in anyway he can and we all love him whether he is helping or not. Love you dad!

My dad, my hero. I couldn't ask for a better example in my life, as a young girl, or even now as I'm somewhat grown up ;-) I can only hope that I can be half the example to my family as he has always been for me. Even now as he struggles with Alzheimers, he stays positive and continues to give and serve as best he can. He is the best daddy ever!!!!
1 comment:
What a cute family you have! I am glad to have your blog address!! I am just getting ready to buzz my boys hair too!
Post a Comment