Not much has been going on around here so I decided to do a year in review. A quick glimps of the goings on from month to month during 2008.
January 3, 2008. Hailey turns 12 and joins me in Young Womens. I was one of the advisors when she first came in. It was fun to be there with her for about year and then I was released. :(
This is one of my all time favorite pictures of Hailey. So sweet and innocent. My how they can turn on you. :) I tease her alot about how she has changed. She is still my buddy and will talk to me about anything. ;-)
February 2008. Surprise! Mike took me on a trip to New York. We went with several other couples and had a great time. I would love to go back.
I think hanging out with a Rockette was one of the highlights for Mike!!!
Carnagie Deli with the Gang. The sandwiches were huge, and the cheesecake yummy, yummy.
Can't go the New York without sailing on over to see the Statue of Liberty. It's much more amazing when you see it in person.
March 2008. I don't know why, but the last few years I have attempted to do a 5 mile run in Moab. My goal this time was to make it under the time I did it in last year. However, it took me 2 minutes longer. Yes, mine was the longest time out of all these ladies. It's still fun:) I've made a new goal for this years run. We'll see how that turns out. :)
For some crazy reason, I couldn't find pictures from Easter. I'm pretty sure they are on the other computer. So I just put this piture of my kids in for fun. This is Cocoa Beach Florida.
May 2008. Melanie McBee, Myself, and Robyn Ellis took a moms trip to Disneyland. It was a great time. It's amazing how many rides you can go on without the kids constantly needing a snack or to go to the bathroom or arguing about which ride to go on next. (Can I just say Melanie is an animal. There wasn't one ride that made her sick. I'm getting old. Some rides I just can't handle anymore. You go girl!)Dani, catching some air on the slide !!
July 2008. We combined Dani's and Trent's birthday parties into one day. Trenton's was in the morning and Dani's was later that day. A huge waterslide for their respective parties. Smartest thing I ever did. The kids were entertained and I got to sit back, relax, and watch. :)
August 2008. These next two pictures are out of order. The first day of school. Just like all other first days of school, ours was no different. A day full of anticipation, nerves, and excitement. Took lots of pictures, then sent them on their way for a new year full of new things.
The picture of Dani is what happened to her after coming home from her first day of school. A major wipeout on her bike. To look at her now you can't tell she had numerous stitches in her mouth and several chipped teeth. She is as good as new now ;-)
All smiles and ready to see what the new school year holds in store for them. Trenton is in 2nd grade, Hailey is in 7th, and Danielle headed off to 5th grade. My kids are growing up tooo fast. :(
September 2008. Mike and some of his buddies headed off to an "Adventure Race". His first of this sort of thing. I'm sure it won't be his last. There was biking, running, and kayaking. His group included, Curtis Call, Bill McBee, Mike, and Steve Conlee.
October 2008. A trip Lake Powell. We were joined by the Ellis', McBee's, Anderson's, and Dick and Cleo Unsicker. This picture shows all those getting ready to jump off the cliff. Including Dick Unsicker who is 70 something. The guy is amazing. This trip was during my broken camera days. I have begged and pleaded with others for copies of their pictures and the only one who has helped me out is Robyn :) I know the others will come around eventually. ;-)
My guy hanging out at the beach at Lake Powell. What a great guy. It was also my birthday while we were there and Mike brought along a princess cake for me. Is he sweet or what?!!
November 2008. The kids had a week and a half off school and the timing was perfect to hit Disneyland during their Holiday celebration. It was a surprise trip for them. They had no idea where we were going until they saw the Tower of Terror. It was so much fun. I think that I had more fun than they did!!

December 2008. A Riss Family cRISSmas! Another year has come and gone. I'd like to think that I'm wiser but I'm sure others would disagree :) It's been a good year for us. We stayed healthy, sheltered, employed, and happy. We couldn't ask for more. Hope to have another year like it.
December 2008. A Riss Family cRISSmas! Another year has come and gone. I'd like to think that I'm wiser but I'm sure others would disagree :) It's been a good year for us. We stayed healthy, sheltered, employed, and happy. We couldn't ask for more. Hope to have another year like it.
Happy, late, New Year to all !! Love the Riss Family.
It's late so please excuse the typo's and mis-spellings and anything else that happened :)
1 comment:
That was cool!
Post a Comment