
Mike and I just pulled off the best surprise our kids have had in a long time. The kids were lucky enough to have a week and a half off for Thanksgiving so we thought what better time to take a vacation to the happiest place on earth. On Wednesday, when the kids were out of school, I packed them in the car and said we were headed on an adventure. (Mike was in Florida on business and I was going to drive to Las Vegas and meet him there.) The car was already packed and the kids had no idea what was going on. Trent thought we were just going to the airport to pick up Mike. Dani thought we were going to grandmas to pick up the dog. (I had "accidentally" left Pepsi there. And Hailey was a little upset she wanted to stay home. She figured we could get the dog and dad without her.

Don't I look fabulous in my Mickey Santa hat?
On the road we went. As the kids asked questions, I just kept telling them we were on an adventure. We made it to Vegas and picked up Mike then continued on. It wasn't until they saw the Tower of Terror that they realized where we were. Mike told them we would be going on a jeep ride (Indiana Jones) maybe climb a mountain , ride down a river (Grizzly Rapids) and all sorts of things that could all happen at Disneyland and California Adventure.

Mike in his "Goofy ears "
Trent keeps telling people. "I went to pick up my dad at the airport and ended up at Disneyland!" They loved it and I did to. It was more for me because I have always wanted to see Disney at Christmas time with all the lights and decorations. It was fantastic. I recommend it to everyone.

The kids hanging around with Mickey

The Castle all lit up at night. It was just amazing!

We also took a trip to Knotts Berry Farm. Most of the rides here made me sick. Many rollercoasters and rides that go up and down and round and round. I did have to sit some out.

My two guys hanging at the beach. It was cold but none of them cared. They still ran into the waves and had a great time.

Not even cold weather could stop Dani from playing in the sand.

Hailey, trying to keep warm and still have fun at the same time.

Trenton, trying to get some water before the waves get him.

I think these two got more wet dressed than they did in swim suits.

How cute are these three beach bums :)
Couldn't have asked for a better trip. The weather was 75 degrees or warmer, accept of course the day we went to the beach. They still had fun! One of our favorite parts was how they changed all of the Haunted Mansion to Christmas, inside and out. All done in "Nightmare Before Christmas" we went on this ride maybe 6 times. Fun, Fun, Fun, and we made it back in time for the family Turkey Feast!!
2 comments:
FUN! What a great trip and an awesome surprise.
My favorite pic is Mike in the goofy ears! PRICELESS! Glad you had fun and are back safe.
Post a Comment