The Palmyra Temple
I was surprised about how busy this temple was for such a small town.
If Trent had had something to do, we would have taken the girls in to do baptisms. Poor planning on our part. We'll just have to come back when he is 12!
Hill Cumorah monument. At the top of the hill! :)
Standing on top of the "Hill" looking down at where the pagent takes place.
Waiting for the "Hill Cumorah Pagent" to start. We had planned our trip to NY long before we came and when we got here, we were pleasantly surprised to find that we were here during the pagent. Worked out great for us!!
Meeting some of the actors. The tall guy is Moroni.
Mike and Trent with the not-so-nice King Noah!
The girls hangin with the "King"
Oops! Put this one on twice. That's okay, they are cute enough to see again!!
This entire trip was amazing! I wasn't sure if the kids would get into it that much. As Dani said before we left, "How fun can it be if all we get to do is LOOK at stuff!" She wanted things to do. Turns out they all loved it, and gained a new appreciation for the scriptures and the Prophets.
On a little side note. About three weeks after this trip, the girls and the YW read theBook of Mormon in two days. After the trip to New York, and Kirkland, I honestly think reading it meant more to them. (I wish I could have joined them)
No comments:
Post a Comment