Saturday, December 12, 2009

Meeting the Prophet!!


Last night we were lucky enough to get to go to the Christmas Concert with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, featuring Natalie Cole. Our friends and neighbors, The Kerby's, gave us the tickets. As usual, we were running late and made it just in time.
They were going to seat us all seperately. Just as were dividing up, a nice lady told us she had seats for us right up front. (It was about to start and some folks had to give up seats they were saving. How lucky were we?!) It was an amazing concert and even Hailey and Trenton enjoyed it as well. (Dani was at a birthday party so she missed it.)
The most exciting part about it, however, came when the concert was over. We were sitting on the second row. The first row of people because the first row of chairs was empty to make room for dancers. The concert ended and we all remained by our seats hoping to get a glimps of President Monson. As we hoped, he walked in our direction. Then he spotted Trent, made his way through a few people and security guards saying, "I need to meet this young man." He took Trent's hand and said, "I had glasses like yours when I was your age, you look good! Now I want you to look at my ears son!" With that, he wiggled his ears, gave us a big smile, and made his way to the exit!!! How awsome is that?! Trent was the only one he stopped for. Hailey, Mike, and I just stood there dumbfounded. If we had been smart we would of held out our hands for a handshake as well. I guess I was hoping the Prophet would have made the first move. I'm not sure what protocol is in this situation so I just sat and stared. Duh!! lol. These kinds of things don't happen every day. Something we won't soon forget. I hope that Trent realizes what an amazing thing this is. If not now, then I'm sure he will someday!! :) Luck was definitely on our side this wonderful night!!!
OH!!! How could I forget, we also could have reached out and touched, Pres. Uchtdorf, Pres. Packer, and Mitt Romney. They did all smile at us because they witnessed the exchange with Trent and the Prophet!!!

1 comment:

Cassie and Chad said...

I loved that that happened to you guys!! What a great memory!!!