Sunday, March 22, 2009

Crazy Ladies in Moab

Just a bunch of crazy girls in Moab once again for the "Half" and "5mile" run. We lost a couple ladies from last year :( But we also gained a few new ones:). We even had our own cheerleader and personal yoga instructor. Thank you Christina Andrews :)


First night the traditional "Pasta Overload" meal. Load up on the carbs to help get us through the run the next day. The ladies include. Christina Andrews, Melanie McBee, Heather Anderson, Annie King, Tammy Merrill, Me, Jocelyn Peterson (Rachelle's friend from Arkansas), and Debbie Runnells (Heather's friend from college). All a great group of girls!!


Ready to jump on the bus and head up to the beginning of the run. Very cold before we started as we had to ditch the sweats moments before the start. Once running, it warmed up very quickly :)


Another tradition is to hike to Delicate Arche once we have all crossed the finish line. The wind was blowing hard at the top. Tammy even lost her hat over the cliff :( It's an amazing view and it never gets old. I don't think any of us were wounded for the hike this year. lol Last year most of us had various aches and pains that make the 3 mile round trip more difficult. For me personally, I had a great time, many laughs, lots of fun conversation, and a personal best time. It's the third time I've run it and I beat my best time -from 2 years ago. It wasn't much, but I'll take it! :-)



No comments: