Monday, February 16, 2009

Dani's had a busy month

Happy Valentines Day. These three kids are the best gifts I ever got from my favorite Valentine, Mike :) I love them all very much and couldn't ask for better kids or a better husband. Thank you all for making me one happy gal ;) !!

For the past few years I have made a red velvet cake for Valentines day. On Saturday morning I was reminded that I hadn't done it yet and it is now a tradition. So I managed to get it made. We didn't get to eat it until later that night, but we did have our red cake for the V-Day!

Dani has been a busy little girl this month. Lots of basketball. (Thank goodness we only have one kid in sports this month :) ) She is the John Stockton of her team. They are a great group of girls and work well together.

Her team plays teams with much taller players and they still play great and have won all but one game this year. (Dani is player # 2)

Before Dani's B Ball game and as we were getting ready for the day, Mike Told us girls to get in the car because we had to be some place in 10 minutes. He gave us a note with instructions on what we were doing. We couldn't read the note until we got a block away from home.

Can you guess where he sent us? We all got to enjoy a great pedicure!! It was a first for Dani, Hailey had one other. I hope this doesn't mean they think they can get them as often as I do ;) Ha Ha. The people there were so nice, they even threw in a manicure for the girls for free. How awsome is my guy for doing this for us!!!

Also this past week, Dani had a Strings recital. All those at the school who play an instrument got to share with their family and friends, how much they have learned since last year and during this year. It's quite impressive how far they have all come. I hope she continues to play and to enjoy it.

Dani was also required to do a Science Fair project. As were all the 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students at her school. Dani took 2nd place for the 5th and 6th grade classes. (Or should I say Mike and Dani took second place ;-). Thank you honey.

Because of her placement, she now gets to compete at the district level, which is this week. Mike will be one of the judges. (He doesn't judge her group.) She is kind of nervous and excited at the same time. We know she will do great and give it her best. Go "Awesome Ooze". We know we spelled it wrong on the board and she still did great. This will be fixed before Thursday!!

No comments: